Sunday, September 8, 2013

Custom Document Library Viewer SharePoint 2013 part 1

Lately I came across an interesting task and was able to successfully deliver it. I know that we have a Custom Library Viewer in SharePoint OOTB. I had a different requirement from the one already present in the SharePoint. I had been asked to develop a Custom Document Library Viewer based on Content Types and also display each of the content type in a separate tab.

So, the requirement was something like that for instance in a document library I have 4 different kinds of content types and there are several items in it. I will have to show 4 different tabs and also display the items in each tab using a grid. Interesting isn't it?!

Yea so this gave birth to a new generic web part based on jQuery tabs, and jQGrid. Which is configurable to use any document library, hosted on any website and user can choose which content types to show for a particular library!

Genius isn't it, alright so stay tuned I will be sharing the implementation details in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment